The Board of Directors consists of 2 representatives for each Research Bridge - one from the KIT and the other from the University of Heidelberg, consequently at the moment 10 directors are working for HEiKA.
The main responsibilities of the Board of Directors are:
- Management of all affairs of HEiKA
- Commenting all project proposals for HEiKA funding
- Realizing the strategic expansion, e.g. new Research Bridges
- Taking care about and promoting joint scientific activities
- Developing the Research Bridges