The Research Board consists of 10 members. In addition to the Vice president of KIT and the Prorector of the University of Heidelberg as well as the Heads of the departments for research funding of both institutions there are 6 scientists in the Board.
The main responsibilities of the Research Board are:
- Selection and decision on the funding of projects (quality assurance)
- Decision on memberships of external partners
- Decision on strategic expansion, e.g. new Research Bridges
- Suggestions for new strategic co-operations
- Proof of the equal distribution of money between both partners